Scholarships and Financial Aid
The 2020-2021 Bumpers College Scholarship Application is currently closed.
The scholarship application process is open from January 1-February 15 every year.
Before applying, please read the instructions on the "How to Apply" tab they will lead you to the application portal.
For more information, contact Heather Parks (479-575-2596), Project Director for Scholarships and External Relations.
To apply, complete all of the following steps:
- ADD email@example.com to your e-mail address book, as some e-mail servers will block this address. The AcademicWorks system will send emails from this email address, please check your spam\junk folder if you are not receiving them.
- COMPOSE an academic resume
- COMPOSE the required essay.
- CONFIRM at least one reference provider. You will provide the name and email for your reference
in the application; they will respond to an emailed reference request from firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to have your reference add this to their email address book.
- Incoming freshmen and transfer students may use a reference who is not from the University of Arkansas.
- COMPLETE the scholarship application found in Item #10 between January 1 and February 15, 2016.
- NOTE: This application may be saved and edited.
- BE SURE to press SUBMIT when completely finished. Applications must be fully submitted to be considered for scholarships.
For more information about graduate scholarships and awards, please contact academic departments directly.
TO ACCEPT A BUMPERS COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP PACKAGE:
- We encourage all recipients to use their scholarship offer as confirmation for all appropriate notifications to local news media, educational entities and interested organizations.
- A letter of appreciation (if required) written to the listed scholarship donor(s) must be submitted by July 1 to ensure the timely disbursal of scholarship funds. Please follow the guidelines provided for letters of appreciation. Funds will only be released to student accounts after all required letters of appreciation are received and approved. Letter Guidelines can be found at the bottom of this page.
- By August 1, recipients of new scholarship awards must log in to the Bumpers College Scholarship application to record their intent to accept or decline the scholarship offer.
- NOTE: Current students with renewable Bumpers College scholarships for which this is not the first year of the award do not have to record their intent to continue the scholarship.
- Student Ambassadors do not have to log in to record their intent to accept their Ambassador scholarship
- Recipients of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences departmental scholarships will receive a departmental participation form through their uark email. This form must be completed and returned to the Bumpers College Scholarship Office.
- All materials should be returned in a single package to:
Bumpers College Scholarship Office
1 University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR 72701
All Bumpers College scholarship offers are made based on the information provided in the Bumpers College Scholarship Application. To remain eligible for offered scholarships, please note:
- All scholarship offers are considered “pending” until your eligibility has been confirmed and may be amended or rescinded if your eligibility changes. Verification of eligibility includes, but is not limited to, verification of a maintained cumulative grade point average and current-year FAFSA information.
- Unless otherwise stated, scholarship funds will be applied directly to your student account, half per semester, pending confirmation of the stated criteria and provided you are enrolled in a Bumpers College degree program as a full-time undergraduate student with a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester. Any exceptions to the number of hours required are noted in the scholarship criteria.
- Bumpers College scholarships and associated departmental scholarships will be withdrawn if you change your major outside the Bumpers College, or if the information provided at the time of application has changed such that you are no longer eligible for a scholarship; or may be adjusted if you receive additional financial aid totaling more than the cost of attendance as defined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Departmental scholarships will be withdrawn if you change to a major outside the awarding department.
- Your spring payment is contingent on your continued full-time enrollment in the same degree program.
- If you will be graduating in December or do not need full-time hours to graduate in your final, graduating semester, please contact the Bumpers College Scholarship Office immediately.
- By accepting this scholarship package, you agree to have your picture taken by our Communications Department, at a date to be determined, for use by the Bumpers College Scholarship Office and to participate in scholarship activities as your academic schedule permits.
STEP 1 - COMPOSE YOUR LETTER OF APPRECIATION:
- Letters of Appreciation must:
- NOT include your address or date
- Be TYPED
- Have 1” margins
- Do not create stationery that includes the college or university logos. Only blank paper or non-college stationery will be accepted.
- Be one page in length
- Single-spaced with double spacing between paragraphs
- Do not indent the first lines of paragraphs
- Use a 10pt or 12pt font (Times New Roman preferred)
- Be error free (spelling, grammar, correct college name, correct scholarship name, and correct donor)
- Note the college name is: Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food and Life Sciences or Bumpers College
- Follow this format:
- Salutation – “Dear name” – Donor first names are not included in the salutation.
- Paragraph 1 – Express your appreciation to the donor for your financial assistance through the scholarship. INCLUDE the CORRECT, FULL name of the scholarship (See award letter). DO NOT include the scholarship value; instead, use a general thank you for this “generous gift,” “wonderful scholarship,” “much appreciated assistance,” or a similar phrase.
- Paragraph 2 – Tell the donor about you. What year you are at the UofA (incoming freshman, new transfer student, junior, etc.), your major, your hobbies, other interests. New freshmen include what high school you are graduating from and in what activities you have been involved.
- Paragraph 3 – Tell about your future plans: what career you want to pursue, if you want to study abroad, or if you want to earn an advanced degree
- Paragraph 4 – Thank the donor again. Let them know how important this scholarship is, and if you hope to help future students through scholarship donations after you begin your career.
- Closing and Name – Leave enough blank space for your signature to be placed between the closing and your typed name.
STEP 2 - SUBMIT YOUR LETTER FOR REVIEW:
- Email your letter as a .doc or .docx attachment to Heather Parks , Project Director for Scholarships and External Relations By May 1st
STEP 3 - SIGN and MAIL YOUR LETTER:
- You will receive your reviewed letter of appreciation via email from Bumpschl@uark.edu. Within one week, print your reviewed letter on 8 ½” x 11” plain paper.
- Sign this copy with blue or black ink
- Bring the signed letter to the Bumpers College Deans' Offices in AFLS E202, or mail the signed letter to:
Bumpers College Scholarship Office
1 University of Arkansas, AFLS E202
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Eligible applicants must be Agricultural Education, Communication and Technology majors and meet the following criteria:
Agricultural & Extension Education Department Alumni
no additional criteria
Alpha Tau Alpha Scholarship
Financial need; must enroll in internship during award year
Nolan and Bobbi Arthur Memorial Award
3.00 or higher cumulative grade point average; Preference to students during their student teaching semester
John I. Coley Endowed
Upperclassmen with 3.00 or higher cumulative grade point average who plan to become County Extension Agents; Financial need
Glenn W. Hardy Endowed
Financial need; Preference to students completing internships outside the Fayetteville, AR area
Patricia Ann Hardy Memorial
no additional criteria
John W. Odom White
Agricultural Education, Communication and Technology, Food Science, and Horticulture, Landscape and Turf Sciences majors with financial need
Other Scholarships and Financial Aid